Sweet Italian Sausage Meatballs Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Italian Sausage Meatballs
Rate this Recipe
A yummy twist to the classic recipe.
|1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs|
|6 tablespoons milk|
|2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion|
|6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, diced|
|4 tablespoons pine nuts|
|4 tablespoons dried currants|
|Olive oil, for frying|
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and milk in medium bowl. Let mix stand 5 minutes.
- Pour oil into a large pan. Bring to medium heat.
- Mix in parmesan, onion, basil, egg, garlic and black pepper to the breadcrumbs.
- Add the sausage, pine nuts and currants. Blend together well.
- Form mixture into balls. Place meatballs in the pan and cook until browned.
- Transfer meatballs to a paper towel lined plate. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >