Cajun-Style Creamy Orzo Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun-Style Creamy Orzo
Rate this Recipe
A spiced-up version of the classic dish.
|3 tablespoons of butter|
|2 sweet bell peppers, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|8 oz orzo|
|1 1/2 cups chicken stock|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese|
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter into a saucepan. Bring to medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add in the sweet bell peppers and diced onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the finely minced garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Pour the bell peppers, yellow onions and garlic onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the same saucepan and return to medium heat. Add the orzo to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the chicken stock along with the half and half into the saucepan. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper over the orzo. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the orzo in tender.
- Pour the bell peppers, yellow onions and garlic into the saucepan with the orzo. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over top and stir together until well mixed.
- Transfer to four serving plates and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >