For the Love of Cooking!
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A classic sandwich that’s super easy to make.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 can whole tomatoes, 28 oz.|
|1 bottle barbecue sauce, 18 oz.|
|3 lb. chuck roast, trimmed|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|12 hamburger buns|
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion; cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes; coarsely chopping as you add to pot.
- Increase heat to medium high, add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 3 hours, until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally while roast cooks.
- When roast is very tender transfer to a large bowl or plate. Using two forks shred or separate the meat into small pieces. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium or medium-high and reduce the liquid in the Dutch oven, stirring often, until thick.
- Put meat back in Dutch oven; stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >