Chewy Gingersnaps Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 cookies
The classic holiday treat, only chewy!
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|3/4 cup melted butter|
|1/4 cup molasses|
|2 1/4 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4 cup sugar|
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg, once mixed beat in molasses. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Stir together. After mixed, gradually add the mixture to the brown sugar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >