For the Love of Cooking!
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Potato, Parmesan and Salami Frittata
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The way every breakfast should taste.
|2 tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 1/2 lb baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|8 large eggs|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 oz hard salami, halved then cut crosswise into thin strips|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 lb feta cheese, or other crumbly cheese|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick, ovenproof frying pan set over moderate heat. Add cubed potatoes to pan then sprinkle with salt. Saute for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are just done and browned. Remove potatoes from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and black pepper. Mix in the cooled potatoes and salami.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and butter to the frying pan; heat over moderate heat until butter melts.
- Pour frittata mixture into the pan then reduce heat to low. Sprinkle goat cheese atop frittata. Cook frittata for about 7 minutes or until the eggs are nearly set.
- Heat broiler. Set frittata 6-inches below heat source and broil for about 2 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove frittata from broiler then loosen with a spatula and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >