For the Love of Cooking!
Simple Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Strawberry Shortcake
Rate this Recipe
Treat that special someone to this sweet treat.
|6 cup sliced strawberries|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 cup flour|
|2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 stick butter|
|1 beaten egg|
|2/3 cup milk|
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Stir together berries and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining sugar, flour, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and milk in a separate bowl. Add the dry mix to the bowl and stir gently.
- Spread batter into a medium greased round baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Split into 2 layers. Spoon the fruit and whipped cream between layers and over top. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >