For the Love of Cooking!
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brown Sugar and Honey Cake
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 loaf |
A slightly sweet pastry that’s great as an appetizer or dessert.
|4 eggs, (whites and yolks separated)|
|3 cups cake flour, (sifted)|
|1 cup buckwheat honey, (melted)|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 cup coffee, (warm)|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup brown sugar, (dark)|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Pour buckwheat honey into a saucepan. Bring pan to a boil, then let cool.
- Combine sugar and butter, mix together very well. Add egg yolks, beat until light and fluffy. Add honey to mixture and beat well.
- Combine salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and flour. Sift all ingredients together. Add coffee and mix together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Place pan into oven, bake for 50 minutes. Reduce heat and bake additional 10 minutes. (Place toothpick into cake, done when toothpick comes out clean.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >