Fantastic Home-style Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Fantastic Home-style Chicken Fried Steak
Rate this Recipe
Seasoned and breaded to perfection.
|2 cups flour, plus separate 1/4 cup for frying|
|1 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste|
|4 beef cube steaks|
|4 cups milk|
|1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|3 cups vegetable shortening|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 cups buttermilk|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
- Tenderize steaks, flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Pour flour in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine pepper, baking powder, salt and baking powder. Add in egg, garlic, buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. Stir together until evenly mixed.
- Dredge each steak in flour, then in batter and again in batter. Ensure that steaks are covered completely in flour.
- Place shortening in skillet, heat to 325° F. Place each steak, one at a time in the skillet, cook 3-5 minutes. Steak should be golden brown. Place on paper towels to dry. Transfer to plates after a few minutes.
- Pour out most of the liquid contents from skillet, reserve a small portion and add reserved flour. Whisk together, then add milk. Raise temperature to a simmer and cook 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle in Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour fresh gravy over plated fried steaks.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >