For the Love of Cooking!
Country Fried Pork Chops in Gravy Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Country Fried Pork Chops in Gravy
Rate this Recipe
A southern-style favorite that is filling and wholesome.
|8 pork chops, (boneless)|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 cup milk|
|Vegetable cooking spray|
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Pour in oil.
- Pour 14 tablespoons of flour into a wide dish. (All but 2 tablespoons)
- In a bowl, mix together pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Dip pork chops in mixture, coating both sides.
- Pour buttermilk into a big bowl, dip pork chops in buttermilk then in flour. Spray with cooking spray after coating. Repeat until all pork chops are battered.
- Place battered pork chops in hot oil, cook 5 minutes per side, a golden brown color when finished. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to cool. Repeat until pork chops are finished cooking.
- After all the pork chops are cooked, pour remaining flour in oiled skillet, add salt and milk. Stir ingredients together until thickened and bubbling. Serve with fried pork chops as sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >