For the Love of Cooking!
French Harvest Soup Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
French Harvest Soup
Rate this Recipe
hearty, rich and utterly satisfying!
|1 baguette French bread|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered|
|1 sweet red pepper|
|1 green bell pepper|
|1 head garlic, halved though center|
|3 ears corn|
|2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Salt and pepper|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo sauce|
|1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, coarsely grated|
- For Croutons: Preheat oven to broil. Slice baguette into twelve slices. Brush each side with olive oil. Broil croutons for one minute on each side until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub one side with garlic clove. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Place onion, peppers, garlic, corn, tomato, and potatoes on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until fork tender. Skin on peppers and tomatoes should be broken and slight charred. Cool. Peel peppers, tomatoes. Squeeze softened garlic from skin. Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Chop vegetables into large chunks and place in large heavy bottom pot. Add enough chicken stock to almost cover vegetables. Add adobo sauce. Simmer until heated through. Strain vegetables from stock.
- Heat oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Divide vegetables among crocks. Top with two croutons. Add enough broth to come to the top of crock. Cover top of crock with grated cheese.
- Place crocks on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbling.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >