Apple and Cranberry Farro Salad Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple and Cranberry Farro Salad
Rate this Recipe
Hearty and flavorful, great for any occasion.
|3 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|1 1/2 cups farro|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 sprig fresh thyme|
|2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided|
|1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail|
|1/4 cup real maple syrup|
|1 cup fresh cranberries|
|1 tablespoon red wine vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 honey crisp apple, peeled and chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces|
- Pour the chicken broth and farro into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the butter, thyme, and half the Dijon mustard. Reduce heat to a low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir then pour into a colander to drain excess liquid. Remove thyme sprig. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the cranberry juice, maple syrup and cranberries into a separate small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cook for 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the remaining Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper. Set aside.
- Add the chopped apple and celery to the farro. Stir together until combined.
- Stir in the cranberry mixture and pecan pieces into the farro mixture.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >