Pecan Butter Cookies Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Butter Cookies
Rate this Recipe
The perfect amount of sweet and nutty.
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon grated orange peel|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 1/4 cups flour|
|3/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Place pecans and sugar in a blender, pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- Place butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream together until butter is fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat together on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until thin and flat. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner until you have 36 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should be golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >