Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet
Rate this Recipe
A quick and delicious skillet dinner.
|4 chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz.|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3/4 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|16 oz linguine pasta|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes for al dente. Pour pasta into strainer and drain water. Return pasta to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil, bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1- 2 minutes to allow to cool. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Once skillet has cooled, add marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Place chicken breasts into sauce mixture; cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken along with sauce to a baking dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese, and broil 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Spoon penne pasta onto serving plates. Top pasta with sauce and chicken.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >