Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet Recipe
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Broiled White Fish
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet
Rate this Recipe
A quick and delicious skillet dinner.
|4 chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz.|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3/4 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|16 oz linguine pasta|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes for al dente. Pour pasta into strainer and drain water. Return pasta to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil, bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1- 2 minutes to allow to cool. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Once skillet has cooled, add marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Place chicken breasts into sauce mixture; cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken along with sauce to a baking dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese, and broil 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Spoon penne pasta onto serving plates. Top pasta with sauce and chicken.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >