For the Love of Cooking!
Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy your favorite side dish.
|Sea salt, (to taste)|
|2 sweet potatoes|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 sweet onions, (diced)|
|Black pepper, (to taste)|
|4 slices bacon|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a few times. Place potatoes on oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet. Once hot, fry bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towels. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Toss garlic and onions to skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes. (Onions should be translucent) Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out each sweet potato. (Set skins aside) Mash sweet potatoes in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes to warm and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half the bacon and stir together.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon equal amount of mashed sweet potatoes back into sweet potato skins. Make a divot in middle of each sweet potato. Break egg over sweet potatoes, sprinkle remaining bacon over top.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. (Or until yolk is set)
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >