Simple Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Chicken Pot Pie
Rate this Recipe
Nothing beats homemade!
|1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|4 carrots, diced|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|2 cups 2% milk|
|1 package frozen peas|
|1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 pre-made piecrust, 9-inch|
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a pot of simmering water, cook chicken for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from water, allow to cool then shred and reserve.
- While chicken cooks, heat olive oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add carrots and onions; cook and stir for about 7 to 8 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables then cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Add wine to saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it evaporates.
- Add milk to saucepan; simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Add shredded chicken, peas, thyme, salt and black pepper to saucepan; stir to combine.
- Pour chicken mixture into a pie pan. Lay piecrust on top of baking dish, pressing to seal. Cut several slits in the crust, for venting. Place the pie on a baking sheet then bake until the crust is golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >