For the Love of Cooking!
Skillet Shrimp Creole Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Shrimp Creole
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this easy, tasty and fun to make dish.
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes|
|1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined|
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a small saucepan, cook beans until heated through, about 5 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, wine, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until just opaque, 3 minutes.
- Spoon rice and beans onto individual plates. Spoon shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >