Easy Southwest Jambalaya Recipe
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Easy Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, cut into slices|
|4 oz ham, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1/2 cup diced celery|
|1 can ranch-style beans, 30 oz.|
|1 cup diced onion|
|1/2 cup diced green bell pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 20 oz.|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >