Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
This pasta dish will be a huge hit at the dinner table.
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, hot or sweet, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1 tablespoon basil, dried|
|1 can tomatoes, diced, juices reserved|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnishing|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden, about 45 seconds.
- Add sausage to skillet then stir and cook for about 8 minutes, until just browned.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet then stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost tender.
- Mix in oregano, basil, and tomatoes with juices. Season with salt and pepper; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour over pasta, toss together then serve with grated Parmesan.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >