Classic Stuffing Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Homemade like grandma used to make.
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 celery ribs, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped celery leaves|
|1 lb firm white bread, cut into 1/2" cubes and dried overnight or in the oven|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground|
|2 cups turkey broth, or chicken|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth, cover, and bake for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >