For the Love of Cooking!
Classic Stuffing Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Homemade like grandma used to make.
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 celery ribs, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped celery leaves|
|1 lb firm white bread, cut into 1/2" cubes and dried overnight or in the oven|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground|
|2 cups turkey broth, or chicken|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth, cover, and bake for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >