Italian-Style Pot Roast Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Pot Roast
Rate this Recipe
A little different from the everyday pot roast.
|1 sweet onion, cut in half, peeled and sliced|
|8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|4 lbs. boneless chuck roast, trimmed|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 packet dry onion soup mix|
|1 can tomato sauce|
|1 can beef broth|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|2 tablespoons water|
- Lightly grease a 5- to 6-quart crockpot. Place sliced onion and mushrooms into crockpot.
- Sprinkle roast with black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook roast in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Set roast on top of sliced onion and mushrooms in crockpot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast; pour tomato sauce and beef broth over roast. Cover crockpot and cook roast on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; cut into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat. Keep roast warm.
- Skim fat from juices in crockpot; stir in tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices in crockpot, stirring until blended. Increase crockpot heat to high. Cover crockpot and cook until mixture is thickened, about 40 minutes. Stir in roast.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >