Coconut Lime Shortbread Cookies Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Coconut Lime Shortbread Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Sweet, buttery and a little tangy.
|1/2 cup shredded toasted coconut|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 tablespoons lime zest|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|2 sticks butter, cut into small pieces|
|For Lime Glaze:|
|2 tablespoons water|
|2 cups powdered sugar|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|1 teaspoon lime zest|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine the shredded coconut, vanilla extract, lime zest, and sugar in a blender. Pulse until the coconut is finely chopped. Add the flour, and pulse until combined. Add in the butter pieces and pulse until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Transfer into a large mixing bowl and knead dough until smooth. Shape dough into a ball, then divide in half.
- Roll out each dough portion to about 1/4-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter to cut out 10 cookies per dough ball half. Place cutouts 1-inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Pour the water, powdered sugar, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl, whisk together until combined.
- Drizzle the cookies with the lime glaze and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >