Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayo Recipe
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Classic Deviled Eggs
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayo
Rate this Recipe
This is the ultimate steak sandwich.
|2 ribeye steaks, 12 oz. each|
|Kosher salt, for seasoning|
|Ground black pepper, for seasoning|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|5 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow onion|
|4 ciabatta rolls, split in half lengthwise|
|Horseradish mayo, for serving|
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels and liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and bring to high heat. Once hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes and flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flip the steaks again and add 2 tablespoons of butter to the sides of the skillet. Spoon the melted butter on top of the steaks. Cook for 2 minutes continuing to spoon melted butter on top, then flip the steaks. Add 2 tablespoon of butter to the sides of the skillet. Spoon the melted butter on top of the steaks and cook for 2 minutes, continuing to spoon melted butter on top.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board to rest. After 10 minutes, cut into thin slices.
- Place butter in a nonstick skillet, bring to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and chopped onions. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms begin to brown around the edges. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spread the horseradish mayo on both the top and bottom halves of each ciabatta roll. Divide the steak among each roll. Add a liberal serving of the mushrooms and onions. Place the top half of the roll on the mushrooms and onions to complete the sandwich and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >