Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
Serves 36 |
Bordering between dessert and snack.
|1 cups flour |
|1/2 tsp. baking powder |
|1/2 tsp. baking soda |
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt |
|1/2 cup butter |
|1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread |
|1/2 cup sugar |
|1/2 cup brown sugar |
|1 egg |
|1 tsp. vanilla extract |
|3/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted |
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside. In another bowl combine the butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the hazelnuts and stir until just combined. Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing the mounds about 4 inches apart.
- Use the tines of a fork to flatten the cookie dough.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool.