Cherry Chocolate Chippers
A sweet, simple and scrumptious little treat.
|1 cup dark cherries, halved |
|12 oz semisweet chocolate chips |
|2 cups flour |
|1 teaspoon baking powder |
|1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|1 teaspoon salt |
|1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter |
|1/2 cup sugar |
|3/4 cup light brown sugar |
|2 eggs |
|1 teaspoon vanilla |
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture on low speed until blended well, then mix in the chocolate chips and cherries with a wooden spoon.
- Put level tablespoons of the dough 1-inch apart, on greased baking sheets and bake in batches in the middle of the oven until golden around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.