Cranberry Crowned Chicken
Serves 4 |
A fall favorite recipe that’s sure to please the whole dinner table.
|1/2 cup chicken stock |
|4 chicken breast, (boneless, skinless) |
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard |
|1 cup cranberries, (dried) |
|1/4 cup flour |
|1/2 cup apple juice |
|1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt |
|1 tablespoon cooking oil |
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, (coarse) |
- Mix together chicken stock, cranberries and apple juice in a mixing bowl.
- Pour pepper, flour and salt into a one-gallon zip-top bag. Place chicken breast in bag one at a time and coat with mixture.
- Pour oil into a skillet. Turn stove top to medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, place chicken breast in skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side. Set cooked chicken aside, keep warm. Repeat process until all chicken is cooked.
- Pour cranberry mixture into skillet, reduce the heat to low. Add mustard to mixture, and then add chicken. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.