For the Love of Cooking!
Simply Amazing Chili Verde Recipe
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simply Amazing Chili Verde
Rate this Recipe
A fantastic recipe that's as fun and festive as it is tasty.
|2 lbs green chiles, (diced)|
|7 oz salsa verde|
|3 1/2 lbs pork sirloin, (cubed)|
|1 teaspoon lime juice|
|1 teaspoon oregano, (dried, crumbled)|
|2 cups onions, (finely minced)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 tablespoon cumin, (ground)|
|32 oz tomatillos, (with liquid)|
|1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, (pressed)|
|3 tablespoon green chile powder|
|2 cups green peppers, (finely minced)|
|1/2 cup cilantro leaves, (finely chopped)|
|19 oz green enchilada sauce|
- Stir together chile powder, oregano and cumin in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour salsa verde, enchilada sauce and tomatillos into a chili pot. Crush tomatillos inside the chili pot.
- Sprinkle chile powder mixture over the tomatillo mixture. Stir ingredeitns together and bring pot to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat, let pot simmer. Stir ingredients every few minutes.
- While the chili pot is simmering, pour vegetable oil in a skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat, place pork sirloin in skillet, add garlic and onions to skillet and brown together.
- Drain liquid from skillet, add contents to chili pot stir together. Add green chilies to chili pot, stir and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Add half the green peppers to chili pot, season with salt. Add more peppers as desired for taste. Let pot simmer for additional 30-45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle on cilantro and add lime juice.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >