For the Love of Cooking!
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
The Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
This grilled cheese has everything!
|2 slices sandwich bread, (your choice)|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|2 slices cheese, (any variety)|
|4 slices bacon|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1 tablespoon butter, (more for grilling)|
|3 hard boiled eggs, (peeled, sliced)|
|1 onion, (halved, sliced)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Hot sauce, (to taste)|
- Place slice of butter in a skillet. Melt on medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, cook onions for 20 minutes, stir frequently. Remove onions from skillet.
- Place bacon in the same skillet, cook until slightly crisp. Place bacon on paper towels once cooked to drain.
- Combine hot sauce with mayonnaise, stir together.
- Season boiled eggs with pepper and salt.
- Spread mayonnaise on both slices of bread. Layer cheese, bacon and eggs on bread. Butter outside of one slice of bread. Place in skillet, cook until golden brown. Butter other side of bread, cook again until golden brown. Cheese should be melted.
- Slice in half lengthwise, enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >