For the Love of Cooking!
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Amazing Sourdough Stuffing with Apples and Sausage
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Try out this stuffing when you’re craving something a little different.
|4 apple, Braeburn or Gala, cored and diced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|1 onion, diced|
|3/4 lb. sausage, pork or chicken|
|2 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|3 stalks celery, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter, unsalted|
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Pour breadcrumbs into large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool and transfer into bowl.
- Turn stovetop to medium-high heat and cook sausage for 6 minutes. Breaking apart the sausage into small chunks during cooking. Add in butter, celery, apples and onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes. The apples should become softened.
- Transfer sausage mixture to bread crumbs, toss together. Add in salt, chicken broth and pepper. Stir together.
- (If stuffing in turkey, let the stuffing completely cool before stuffing into turkey.)
- (If baking separate, heat oven to 350° F, place in buttered baking dish and cook for 50-60 minutes.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >